Here is a list of the 15 things Tom Ford thinks that every guy should have that I read over at vogue.co.uk. I would say I agree with (almost) all of them.
1. ‘A sense of humor.’
2. ‘A daily read of the newspaper.’
3. ‘A sport that you love and are good at.’
5. ‘A good cologne that becomes a signature.’
6. ‘A well cut dark suit.’
7. ‘A pair of classic black lace up shoes.’
8. ‘A smart blazer.’
9. ‘The perfect pair of dark denim jeans.’
10. ‘Lots of crisp white cotton shirts.’
11. ‘Always new socks and underwear.’
12. ‘A classic tuxedo.’
13. ‘A beautiful day watch with a metal band.’
14. ‘The perfect sunglasses.’
15. ‘Perfect teeth – if you don’t have them, save up and have them fixed.’
I don’t know why, but I really want a pair of yellow pants to wear this spring and summer. They would definitely make a statement.
(photo via cracz on tumblr.com)
The people over at Men’s Flair have put together a list of 43 quotes about men’s style. I’ve pulled out my favorite four, but you can read the rest of the list here.
“Know first who you are, and then adorn yourself accordingly.”
“To be noticed without striving to be noticed, this is what elegance is about.”
– Luciano Barbera
“Looking good and dressing well is a necessity. Having a purpose in life is not.”
– Oscar Wilde
“A man should look as if he had bought his clothes with
intelligence, put them on with care, and then forgotten all about them.”
– Hardy Amies
Happy New Year from The Sharp Style Blog!